- bright blue Lapis Lazuli necklace. Perfect necklace to wear for a little pop of color or great for layering.
- heishi shaped beads are 2mm, on a textured sterling silver cable chain.
- necklace is 16 inches long. finished with Lapis Lazuli beads next to the silver lobster clasp.
Some fun facts about Lapis Lazuli:
- Lapis lazuli is one of the oldest opaque gemstones in history--more than 6,500 years! This deep blue stone includes tiny flecks of mica, like a night sky full of stars. Its most well-known source is deep in the mountains of modern Afghanistan. One of the most sought after stones in use since man's history began. Its deep, celestial blue remains the symbol of royalty and honor, gods and power, spirit and vision. It is a universal symbol of wisdom and truth.
- The Sumerians believed that the spirit of their gods lived within the stone, while the ancient Egyptians saw it as a symbol of the night sky.
- This stone's two-part name comes from two different cultures: lapis is a Latin word meaning "stone," while lazuli comes from the Persian word lazhuward, meaning "blue." It is not an element nor a mineral--it is a rock containing multiple minerals: lazurite, diopside, calcite, pyrite and more.
- From antiquity, lapis lazuli has been worn in the belief that it will ward off evil. In ancient Egypt, it was powdered and worn about the eyes to improve eyesight. Today, it is considered by some to be an aid to balancing the brow chakra (which influences vision and hearing). Imbalances of the brow (or blue) chakra are said to cause headaches, anxiety and disorders of the skin.
top of page
bottom of page